quinta-feira, 10 de fevereiro de 2011

Tutorial para pintura 8 bits

Make a Video Game Pixel Art T-Shirt


I've been wanting to make a pixel art t-shirt for a while. The problem is, I don't have any materials for silkscreening, iron-ons, or anything of that sort. I figured out a way to make exactly what I wanted using only a few household items and acrylic paint.

Here's how to make a Princess Peach shirt. You can adapt this guide to make any kind of shirt you like.

Items Needed

  1. Posterboard
  2. Masking Tape
  3. Painting Sponge or Paintbrush
  4. Washable Fabric-Safe Marker
  5. Acrylic Paint (or fabric paint if you can find it)
  6. Ruler
  7. Shirt
  8. Xacto Knife (optional, only for adults!)

First, I placed the posterboard inside the shirt to keep it steady and to prevent paint from bleeding through. I then drew an evenly-spaced grid on the front of the shirt with a fabric-safe marker. I made sure to make gridmarks the same size as the masking tape width (18mm).

I used the following image as my template:

I needed four colors of paint: red, white, black, and peach.

I placed masking tape around the areas I wanted to paint (one color at a time). Here's a picture of where I started to mask the shirt before painting it red:


I then painted the red portion of the shirt. Here's how it looked:

Here's how it looked after I completely removed the tape:

I repeated the steps for each color:



And here's the final result:

Notes:

  • I waited about a day to let each color dry. You might be able to get away with an hour or two, though.
  • You can use a hair dryer to make the paint dry faster.
  • If your shirt is new, make sure you wash it first.
  • The acrylic paint I used didn't wash off at all. It was Apple Barrel brand paint.
  • You can use any video game character for your shirt. Just use Photoshop or GIMP to make yourself a template.

Vi isso no Hacker Zen.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário